Release 19C is now available! Here are some of the enhancements included in the release:
Browser User Interface
- Message Post Indicator – New functionality has been added to the Agent’s Chat experience within the Browser User Interface. Chat messages that have not been delivered to the end-user are highlighted by the new Message Post Indicator.
- Page Peek In Interaction Ws – The Page Peak control is now supported on the Interaction WS for chat in Agent Browser.
- Short Cuts On Answer Detail Page – Now short cut keys are supported on the answer detail page.
- Cache For Recommended Answers – Improved performance in loading recommended answers as they are retrieved from the cache instead of the database using API calls.
- Display Linked Answers Icon – User can use linked answers icon to identify answers already linked to the incident without having to go to ‘linked answers’ tab.
- Incident Thread Type Filtering – Agent Browser UI users can use the ‘filter’ option on the thread control within their incident workspace to filter on thread types such as a private note, response, customer entry, etc.
Chat Inlay Enhancements
- Customize strings and labels – You can use a configuration file to override the default strings and labels for all inlays.
- Define themes – You can easily define 1 of the 10 out-of-the-box themes.
- Offer surveys – A flexible structure that lets you offer a post-chat survey to your end-user.
- Modify pre-chat fields – You can use attributes to show or hide pre-chat fields and designate them as required or optional.
- Access documentation – Online documentation for chat inlays, including release notes, is updated with every release.
- Offer chat – A chat offer dialog within the embedded chat inlay so that you can offer chat to your end users without the need for the proactive chat inlay.
- Routing improvements – Added product, category and queue ID attributes to facilitate routing for the chat server.
Switch Locale On Answer Detail Page Of Customer Portal – This feature enables customer portal users to change the language of an article that they are viewing.
Augmented Reality Accelerator for CX Service – Oracle envisions a near future where existing paradigms of self-service, assisted service, and field service will be transformed by tools and content that enables increased immediate resolution by employees and customers; a similar shift to that of mobile computing. Decreasing cost and opening the potential to generate new revenue are the key business drivers.
Spatial computing enables service paradigms where the physical-world is blended with the digital and information is contextually delivered to support service actions. The capabilities will shift the way organizations empower their customers and employees, while simultaneously driving down the cost to the business for each interaction.
Augmented reality (AR) coupled with the Oracle CX Service solution enables contextual insights into smart device performance that empowers device owners, service orgs, technicians, and more. AR enriched insights can be gleaned from data generated by devices and enables the ability to peer “inside” the device without touching the device. Processes like repair, training, and maintenance procedures are delivered through interactive “digital twin” representations of physical assets, which enables even novice personas to quickly familiarize themselves with device configuration and operation. Oracle exposes these concepts by merging spatial recognition, knowledge content, interactive procedures, integrated channels, and 3D animations with Oracle Service capabilities. Digital overlays within an AR experience guide users to apply their newly developed skills during interaction with real world physical objects.
Element Manager Enhancements – The Element Manager UI and API now supports message bases, configuration bases, standard texts and custom objects and attributes. It also supports overwrite capability for existing elements which means you can roll back to previous versions of an element if you need to.
We also updated the UI, improved the dependency resolution, and added permission assignment during the import stage of a workflow. Element Manager automatically handles the dependencies between elements. This reduces the complexity, errors, cost, and time associated with migrating configurations from one site or interface to another.
Policy Modeling Debugger Enhancement – The Policy Modeling Debugger has been enhanced to rapidly resolve batch integration problems. This will allow the policy tester to apply the rich testing capabilities already available in the Debugger for debugging issues in their batch assessments, including:
- Reading decision reports to understand how a decision was reached
- Viewing what data was provided and which rules were invoked
- Streamlined creation of unit test cases
On load, the user will be presented with a list of assessments in the batch file, allowing the user to quickly jump to the case that requires review.
Rest Integration Protocol for Interviews – The REST Integration feature continues to build on the functionality for the OIC interview adapter and allow external adapters to be built for other applications such as a legacy on-premise application or other 3rd party middleware applications.
Integration Cloud Service OPA Interview Adapter – In the 19C release, a new Integration Cloud Service Interview adapter for Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) has been added. This will allow OPA interviews to load and save data from multiple applications. Capabilities include the ability to:
- Define a generic load and save data contract in policy modeling without deciding how to map onto enterprise application data.
- Use the Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) interview adapter to develop integrations to one or more applications.
Update All Inclusions – OPA Inclusions capability allows rules, question screens, and other OPA assets to be shared between projects. This new feature will “update all” inclusions in a single click. It will make the applicable changes to each project and inform the user when completed.
Source: Oracle Corporation
Let us know if you have any questions or would like some help implementing any of the new capabilities. Thanks for reading!