Speech analytics is a powerful tool that can be used to improve efficiency, customer experience and ultimately drive revenue. Knowing that your agents are handling customer interactions in the best possible way will make a measurable impact in your center. In this blog, I’d like to review Interaction Analyzer and provide some use cases that could be applied in your contact center.
Interaction Analyzer, an add-on to Customer Interaction Center (CIC) , is a real-time speech analytics tool that listens to live calls in real time. It does so in conjunction with Interaction Recorder and is enabled with a purchased license. Analyzer provides the following functionality:
- Listens to live calls in an interaction and identifies each defined keyword that the participants use (customer & agent) - remember that the keyword must be defined (meaning the particular key word identified/chosen and heard by Analyzer to create some kind of action- e.g., engagement of a supervisor, a training opportunity, etc.
- Provides real-time alerts and views based upon these defined keywords.
- Aggregates scores which are displayed in Interaction Center Business Manager (ICBM).
- Bookmarks the keyword in the call recording.
- Removes the need for manual analysis of random recordings.
With that in mind, here are some use cases for Analyzer in your Contact Center:
- As a filter for searching recorded calls based on key words and phrases that are said or not said.
- How many times did callers say “cancel my account” over time? Is it trending up or down?
- For compliance scenarios - whether an agent did or did not mention a defined keyword or phrase; this also saves the manual time of employees listening to a recording to find a keyword or phrase.
- Identify trends based on analysis of all calls for indicators of:
- Opportunities / Sales leads
- Unhappy customers
- Potential churn
- First call resolution issues
- Agent compliance
- To search for calls that are related to a specific category or theme - e.g., caller delight or frustration, agent courtesy.
- Set alerts when calls reach defined scoring thresholds within a workgroup and watch in real-time what is being spotted.
- Gain insight into product or service deficiency trends.
- Reduce time and effort and improve your QA process - for instance, find where a keyword was said in the call or represents a training opportunity.
- Take action on active calls to prevent undesirable outcomes - improve first call resolution and keep and retain your customers.
Remember to define realistic goals and objectives up front. Think about the following questions:
- What do you want to gain from speech analytics? What words and phrases are being said on calls that represent your goals and objectives?
- How do customers feel about your offerings and what causes callers to escalate to a supervisor?
- What phrasing represents a success in your organization? Can certain words and phrases be mapped to goals and objectives?
Keep the following items in mind to continue the success of your Analyzer deployment:
- Continuous monitoring and tracking of your results.
- Make adjustments where necessary to things such as keyword settings to balance false positives and false negatives.
- Tweak specific keywords and phrases as your business changes.
With careful planning, good judgment, and ongoing analyses of your speech analytics environment, Interaction Analyzer can make a positive impact on your customer experience! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send us an email.