I have enjoyed learning more about the new features of CIC 2015 R2 since its release on February 10, 2015. Whether or not you have had time to scope out these new changes, I thought you might like reading an overview of the features.
Here are a few highlights of my favorite 8 new features of CIC 2015 R2:
- Introducing Interaction Connect - a new HTML 5-based web client based on a REST API (ICWS-Interaction Center Web Services) supporting SAML 2.0-based single sign-on providers. Interaction Connect will provide better usability and scalability than Interaction Client Web Edition and will offer the latest in web capabilities, such as notifications and drag and drop for arrangement on one’s screen. Also, there is no install needed on the end user desktop! This release includes a limited set of features- additional features will be added in subsequent releases.
- Improvements to Email Editing Capabilities - CIC 2015 R2 includes several updates and enhancements to Response Management and Email Editor. Updated features include Response Management drag-and-drop capabilities, Response Management font selection and line spacing to name a few.
- Support for Crystal Reports 2013 - CIC 2015 R2 now supports Crystal Reports 2013 in Interaction Reporter. It also provides backward compatibility support, in CIC 2015 R2 and later, for Crystal Reports that were created with versions 9, 10, and XI in CIC 2.4 and 3.0, and 4.0. This will allow customers to more easily create and add custom reports to their CIC system in order to run those reports.
- Tracking of Application Users Logging On and Logging Off - CIC 2015 R2 now logs user logon and logoff activities in the “LoginLogoutChangeLog_viw” view in the CIC database. The logged information includes the date and time of the event, user ID, application name, success or failure codes, and machine name. This is important in highly regulated environments such as where PCI compliance is required.
- Media Server Web Configuration Enhancement - CIC 2015 R2 now supports using the web interface to take a specific Media Server down for updates or servicing in situations where several CIC servers are connected to the same Media Server. When taken down, the Media Server waits for the current sessions to complete, but it does not accept new sessions.
- New Optimizer Long-term Forecasting - CIC 2015 R2 now supports long-term forecasting which allows users to generate a weekly level forecast for volume and average handle time for many weeks at a time (the existing short-term forecasting feature only allows forecasting for one week at a time at the interval level). Long-term forecasting is useful for generating a staffing forecast to use when planning weekly or monthly time off, headcount management, and more.
- Introducing Manual Calling Server - CIC 2015 R2 introduces a new Dialer only server license called “Manual only” for call centers looking to comply with TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act). The “Manual only” feature license replaces Dialer Server license and disables any type of automated call (Predictive, Power, Preview with timer, Agentless).
- Interaction SIP Station II - CIC 2015 R2 supports the initial release of SIP Station II, a streamlined SIP-based desk phone device designed for contact center and enterprise environments that use Power over Ethernet. This initial release of SIP Station II provides support for dual registration, enhanced debugging and troubleshooting improvements, Gigabit Ethernet, and dial pad.
If you'd like to learn more about what's new with Interactive Intelligence CIC 2015 R2, please drop me an email. I'd be happy to answer any of your questions!