Avaya one-X Agent
Reaching the right balance between excellent customer care and cost containment has never been easy – but in today’s economy, that balancing act is more of a challenge than ever. So, what’s the right approach? Avaya can help, with a new easy-to-use but feature rich agent desktop that enables agents to deliver the very best customer service with each and every interaction, while providing cost benefits that will excite your business and finance managers.
Avaya one-X® Agent is a contact center agent desktop that gives agents the tools they need to provide a superior customer experience, whether they’re working in a headquarters location, in a branch office or home office. The simple, intuitive user interface is designed to be easy for agents to learn and use while providing one touch access to common agent features as well as more sophisticated contact center capabilities such as integrated video and instant messaging.
Advanced contact handling features, on-demand access to customer- specific information and immediate access to experts throughout the enterprise – all are designed to support your agents in delivering a superior customer contact experience.
And, the opportunities for cost reductions are plentiful. Support for virtualization allows for a variety of low-cost agent desktop deployment options. Embedded work-anywhere options help companies implement home agent programs and avoid real estate expenses while lowering the costs of acquiring and maintaining a skilled agent workforce. Avaya one-X Agent helps companies attract and retain top talent by removing the constraints of physical work location. Innovative advances in contact center technology for the agent desktop enable virtual operations to enhance your contact center’s power, speed, and efficiency – no matter how far-flung the agent workforce may be.
Integrated video capabilities open the door for innovative new customer service applications. For example, video kiosks in busy retail outlets – such as mobile phone stores and home improvement centers – enable immediate customer assistance with a remote agent when in-store personnel are busy with other customers. Video also enhances learning and collaboration when used for home and remote agent training, and for consulting with supervisors and experts. With access to video embedded within Avaya one-X Agent, agents can spend their time helping customers, not struggling with technology.
Built-in collaboration capabilities help agents drive first call resolution and improve customer satisfaction. When customers have tough questions, agents can easily reach out to another agent, a supervisor, or a subject-matter expert elsewhere in the company. The agent simply selects the resource from their personal or system contact list and clicks to dial or send an Instant Message. With Avaya one-X Agent, the expert – and high customer satisfaction – is only a mouse click away.
Real-time status updates of key performance indicators keep agents informed of queue status, talk time, and other configurable metrics. Now agents have the information they need to help meet the company’s business goals.
Single application, multiple connectivity modes mean that when agents move from the office or branch to a home office, it’s easy to switch configurations accordingly. Each time agents log in, they simply choose the option that suits their location, whether that is Voice over IP or separate lines for voice and data. Wherever the agent is working – home, office, virtual office, or disaster recovery site – Avaya one-X Agent provides one consistent user interface. That means less training, so agents can be more productive with their time. And it means reduced overhead for IT, as one application is deployed across the enterprise.
Screen pop of customer contextual data improves productivity and customer satisfaction, eliminating time-consuming agent lookup of relevant information. Now agents know who is calling, what the customer is calling about, and the pertinent information needed to satisfy the customer’s request. With Avaya one-X Agent, screen pops can easily be configured to launch based on commonly used triggers, such as dialed number identification service (DNIS), automatic number identification (ANI), and prompted digits. When used in conjunction with Avaya Advanced Segmentation, companies can quickly and easily use data from a customer-specific database to drive their routing decisions and agent screen pops, without a costly and time-consuming CTI implementation. Better customer service and improved customer satisfaction are the end result.
- Call control for a fully integrated agent softphone that enables functions such as answer/release, hold/unhold, conference and transfer, and click to dial or IM from the contact list, contact log, or from Internet Explorer or Firefox. These features are configurable to meet your corporate standards or agent preferences. Avaya one-X Agent provides easy access to agent automatic-call-distribution (ACD) states, call acceptance, follow-up work, and auxiliary work modes. It includes access to voicemail and the ability to launch external applications.
- Integrated tutorials and context-sensitive: Help make it easy to bring new agents on board – they now have immediate answers to questions about unfamiliar tasks or features. And, video tutorials on selected topics can supplement agent training.
- Pre-recorded agent greetings ensure that no matter how late in the agent’s workday, each customer is greeted with the same fresh, enthusiastic greeting as if it were the first call of the day.
- Contact lists – whether individual, shared, or through Microsoft Outlook – give agents immediate click-to-dial or IM for consultations with peers, supervisors, or resident experts, driving first call resolution and improving customer satisfaction.
- Section 508 compliance means you can expand your agent pool to include the physically handicapped. Keyboard shortcuts provide access to common agent functions. Alerts are both visual and audible, and Avaya one-X Agent is easily integrated with text to speech applications.
- Soft TTY capability enables you to serve hearing impaired customers with the same queue groups as other calls, eliminating the need for separate agent pools and TTY hardware devices.
- Business continuity options are inherent with the connectivity and virtualization choices embedded in Avaya one-X Agent. Even companies who have no immediate plans to deploy remote agents are beginning to include remote agent capabilities as part of their business continuity and survivability operations in case of disaster, or for instances where severe weather conditions may prevent agents from coming into the office. With Avaya one-X Agent, in-office agents simply become remote agents for the necessary period of time, and your business continues its operations without a hiccup.
- Central Management enables you to create and manage user profiles centrally via a web client interface. These profiles include user customized data (such as feature access), contact logs, and recorded agent greetings. No matter where agents log in from, their own configurations follow them.
- Dynamic Hot Desking facilitates agent mobility. Any agent can sit at any desk and upon login see their own customized instance of one-X Agent.
- Supervisor Desktop features are embedded, giving one-click access to features such as service observing and barge-in. A supervisor can coach an agent in real- time via instant messaging, and view agents’ history logs and presence status. A “quick alert” messaging capability enables supervisors to send an immediate notification to a group of agents when the situation demands.
- Subscribe and Command API allows other applications to subscribe to events as well as to execute common one-X Agent functions, facilitating integration of one-X Agent into existing environments.
With Avaya one-X Agent, companies have the flexibility to choose the connectivity mode most suited to each agent’s environment. Options are:
- My Computer – enables Voice over IP operation where the PC serves as the agent’s phone
- Desk Phone – allows Avaya one-X Agent and an office phone to share control of telephony and agent features while remaining in perfect synchronization
- Another Phone – provides toll quality voice even for home agents. Signaling between the application and the call server is IP while the voice media is delivered to a home, office, or mobile phone (also referred to as telecommuter mode). Upon login, the agent simply selects the preferred connectivity mode. Regardless of mode selected, the user enjoys the same interface and rich feature set.
With Avaya one-X Agent, companies have a choice of deploying it on an agent’s desktop PC or on a Windows Server with any one of a variety of virtualization platforms for the “thin” client option.
When deploying to agent desktops Avaya one-X Agent’s Microsoft Installer (MSI) enables the IT group to create a customized silent install that can be pushed down to the agent desktop so that no agent interaction is required. Agents are up and running immediately, with none of the hassles (and potential headaches) of installing it themselves.
Granular administration management enables managers to customize agent access to features on an as-needed basis. Support for the latest industry standard technology facilitates the delivery of the right tools to the right agents, reducing overhead and the total cost of ownership.
Running Avaya one-X Agent in a virtualized environment enables IT departments to more easily ensure company security standards are met, as all applications are run from centralized servers rather than from an agent PC. And, significant costs savings can be realized, as companies can put low-cost terminals on agent desktops rather than full-featured PCs. The bottom line? Companies can raise security levels while reducing costs.
In addition to running on MS Windows 2003 Server, Avaya one-X Agent supports the following virtualization platforms for a thin agent desktop:
- MS Windows 2008 Server
- Citrix XenAppTM (formerly Citrix Presentation Server 4.5) with option for application streaming environment
- Sun Ray
- VMWare® ESX/VDI with Virtual Desktop