Avaya G860 Gateway
Designed for campuses and large contact centers, the G860 Media Gateway is the first Avaya gateway to support DS3 trunking and is optimized to support IP Telephony for large environments.
It provides a cost-effective solution for those organizations that require multiple DS1 interfaces and wish to consolidate the network hardware required to support high-density trunking. Like other Avaya Media Gateways, it part of an Avaya Communication Manager-based IP Communications network.
The G860 Media Gateway is a high-density trunking gateway that supports up to twelve DS3 interfaces in a single, 5U chassis. It uses SIP-based call control and integrates into existing Avaya Communication Manager-based IP telephony networks by leveraging SIP trunking. It has carrier grade, NEBS III-compliant reliability with redundant system elements and hot-swappable modules.
The Avaya G860 Media Gateway offers a significant reduction in hardware price and carrier access charges for those Avaya IP Telephony implementations requiring high-density trunk capacity. Because of equipment consolidation, operational and maintenance cost savings can be realized through reduced power, UPS and cooling needs. And as a SIP-gateway, it can be integrated not only with Avaya Communication Manager but with other SIP-based applications.
G860 Meadia Gateway Features
- Supports up to 5000 Voice Channels in Avaya Communication Manager configurations
- Supports multiple DS3s
- Redundant common equipment (Power, Controller, Ethernet switch)
- Optional N+1 protection of media gateway boards
- Scalable density options
- Open, scalable SIP-based architecture
- Compact, 5U footprint
- NEBS Level 3 Compliant (DC version)
G860 Media Gateway Benefits
- High capacity, cost-effective IP telephony trunking
- Reduced equipment price (multiple Media Gateways vs. a single G860 for high trunk density)
- Reduction in carrier access charges (T3 vs multiple T1s)
- SIP support for interoperability with wide range of communications applications
- Carrier-grade reliability with multiple levels of redundancy
- Small size requires less space in data center, less power, less cooling