This is the last of my "Weed and Feed" Series. In the past two "Weed and Feed" posts, I shared how to Add New Users and how to Restore your system. Now this brings us to how to Backup your system.
It’s been my experience, that backing up your data or system is a good business practice. Have you had a time when you lost important data? Unfortunately, this happened to me. I had spent hours and hours loading precious memories of my baby daughter, such as a video of her first words, pictures of when she began to crawl, and so on. It wasn’t long after that when my computer completely crashed and I lost everything. And that is why part of my good business practice, even with the most reliable of systems, is backing up my data often.
This is the same with the Avaya IP Office Systems, it is a good business practice to backup your system on a daily basis. You know what they say, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!"
One of the great things that makes System Backup so easy on the Avaya IP Office is that it’s a lot like the System Restore process. If you would like a refresher on restoring your system, here's the System Restore post. And just like the restore process, the process to backing up your system only takes a few minutes. So let’s get started!
- To perform a System Backup for all system files in IP Office Manager, log in to Avaya IP Office Manager, then click on File, and select Embedded File Management.
- Select the system to backup, click OK.
- Click on File and select Backup System Files.
- Click “Yes” to confirm backup, and then click “OK” once it is completed. You’re done!
If you prefer to perform a Backup for all system files in System Status, there are 2 simple steps:
- Log in to Avaya System Status, and click on Backup System Files button at the bottom of the System Status screen.
- Click OK to confirm the backup. (The Backup System File button will turn gray, and once the backup is completed, the button will no longer be grayed out.) And again, you’re done!
Just like the System Restore, after only a few easy steps in Avaya IP Office Manager or in the Avaya IP Office System Status, your system will be backed up in only a few minutes. No hassles or long hours trying to recover lost data!
If you have any questions on System Backup or a general question about the Avaya IP Office system, please reach out. I'd love to hear from you!