Avaya Aura System Manager
Provides centralized administration for multiple instances of Avaya Aura Session Manager and Avaya Aura Communication Manager today, and is designed to manage all Avaya Aura components in the future. Avaya Aura System Manager takes a solution level approach to network administration that allows IT departments to incorporate new components and applications under a common management umbrella over time, managing the elements of Avaya Aura together as a system.
Avaya Aura System Manager centralizes provisioning, maintenance and troubleshooting to simplify and reduce management complexity and solution servicing. Avaya Aura System Manager provides for central administration of dial plans and network routing policy as well as common user provisioning. Over time, Avaya Integrated Management features that have a centralized function will be migrated to Avaya Aura System Manager, providing one place for managing users across all Avaya products as well as third-party applications that opt to leverage Avaya Aura System Manager’s pluggable Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
Single Point of Management: End-to-end view, single unified console with workflow-based management.
- Less Complexity: Reduces complexity of operations for distributed multi-site networks with multiple control points.
- Better Data Consistency: Integrated provisioning to reduce configuration errors.
- Faster Deployment: Accelerate application integration with standards-based interfaces.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership: Reduces TCO and service support costs through automation of time-consuming, error-prone tasks.
- Less Training: Better skill set re-use and increased productivity through easy-to-use tools.
- More Value: Increases the value of convergence through tight integration with the enterprise IT infrastructure (identity, security, directory, single sign-on).
Common Console: A browser-based console provides one place for accessing all management needs: user administration, network routing policy, monitoring, security, etc.
User Administration: Provides a single interface for provisioning users on Avaya Aura Session Manager, Avaya Aura Communication Manager, and Avaya Modular Messaging today, and across Presence Services and other Avaya Aura components in the future.
Dial Plan Administration: Central administration of enterprise-wide dial plans across multi-vendor PBX environments. Phone number adaptations can be uniquely created for each location or PBX supporting up to 24 digits.
Network Routing: Create system-wide dialing rules to cost effectively route calls using the enterprise’s on-net IP network including:
- Enterprise-wide least cost routing
- Enterprise-wide time of day routing
- Tail end hop off
- Toll avoidance
Network Routing Verification Tool: In support of network routing, Avaya Aura System Manager provides a flexible and powerful tool to test complex routing rules with easy to read output.
Event and Fault Management: A platform for centralized logs and alarms, helping ensure that all the supported entities in the network can contribute to a single, central repository for viewing items for the enterprise.
SIP Tracing: Avaya Aura Session Manager= leverages the central SIP session management architecture with flexible SIP tracing and trace display. From Avaya Aura System Manager, the network administrator can set detailed trace criteria and trace actions as specific as a single call, type of call, or general traffic.
Security Management: Avaya Aura System Manager can define trust domains, perform authentication and provide both administration and security audit logs. Centralized remote access and security policy management includes:
- Certificate management and distribution
- Linux network firewall
- Deep SIP packet inspection and controls
- Fully configurable SIP
- TLS connections for up to 25,000 locations and SIP adjuncts
- DoS protection including SIP rate limiting on a per port or group basis
Plug-In Architecture: Extensible management framework based on SOA makes it easy to extend management capabilities over time to additional products, applications and vendor solutions.